ANNUAL REPORT 2017-2018
Distinguished Chief guest, Mr. Rajesh Rao, Founder/CEO of Dhruva Interactive, Alumnus of this Institution, Rev. Fr Dionysius Vaz S.J, Rector, St. Aloysius Institutions, who is presiding over today’s function, well wishers of this Institution, our proud parents, respected members of the teaching and non-teaching fraternity, ladies and gentlemen, media persons and my dear students, it is my privilege to present the 137th Annual report of this historic educational Institution. Rev. Fr. Edward Rodrigues S.J. got transferred to Loyola Composite P U College, Bangalore, Rev. Fr. Gerald Furtado took charge of the High School. He has come from St. Joseph Indian Composite P.U. College.
With 670 students, the month of June saw the students’ council election for the year 2017–2018 where in, Kum. Nishel Flora D’Almeida was elected as SPL, Master Abel Joseph was ASPL and Master Pramathesh Bhaktha as Secretary. These along with the class representatives , form the students’ council. Every week the school assembly is convened to accolade our achievers and to provide a platform for our students in public speaking.
At the April 2017 S.S.L.C. examination 83.73% students came out successful.
The toppers were Master Prasad Fidelis D’Sa with 619, 99.04% of the English Medium and Master Pavan Kumar of the Kannada Medium with 583, 93.28%. At the Diocesan Catechism Examination, Master Wilston Prashanth D’Souza excelled in the English Medium and Kum. Olvita Flavia D’Souza excelled in the Konkani Catechism. In the Moral Science Examination, while Master Pavan Kumar topped in the Kannada medium, Kum. Poorvi Rai topped the English Medium. We appreciate the sincere efforts of the students, the hard work of our teachers and the constant support of the parents.
The changes that happened this academic year were:-
- Bharathi, English and Social Science Teacher joined the staff.
- Herald Misquith – Retired from his service after having served this institution for 47 years
- Norbert Miranda was transferred by the Department of Public Instruction.
- GopalKrishna S. : Resource person at Gokarnanath College of Education and also at Ramakrishna Matt Mangaladevi. He is also selected to participate in a seminar on ‘Maths teaching and hurdles’ which is conducted by Azim Premji university(WIPRO) at Bangalore.
- John Chandran : was awarded ‘Suvarna Saadhaka Sanmana’for his achievement in the field of Cartoon by Thokottu Yuvaka Mandala. District Best Teacher Award 2017 by the Education Department and Nation Builder Award 2017 by Rotary Club Midtown.
- Sunil Rohan Lobo : from 21st Aug to 16th Sept. 2017 completed the No. 90 Junior Division Refresher Course at Airforce Station Tambaram, Chennai which included workshop on Leadership and Organizational Behaviour conducted by C-LABS.
- Mrs Felcy Lobo : Her book “”UÀeÉðvÉQzï UÀeÁ°” on social issues was released in June 2017. She has received literary prize from Konkani fortnightly Uzwad in January 2017, participated in many poetry sessions conducted by various literary organizations and also presented Konkani programmes on All India Radio. Her articles are being published regularly basis in various weekly, fortnightly and monthly magazines.
- Mrs Chris Evert D’Souza and Mrs. Felcy Lobo, the teachers of our school attended a seminar held at Pune based on “Ethics of Child Protection” organized by the centre for Pastoral Management at Jnana Deepa Vidya Peet, Pune from 27th to 30th March 2017.
- Mr Praveen D Monteiro participated in a Scout Master’s Camp – 7 days Scouts basic training camp at Pilikula and Rajya Puraskar testing camp at Dr V.S.Acharya Scout Bhavan Udupi and also Tritiya Sopana Testing camp at Pilikula and training Programme at Scout Bhavan Lalbagh. Attended Mangaluru local Scouts association rally held at Amritha Vidyalaya Boloor.
- At Akashvani Mangaluru an half hour Radio Programme was given by our staff members Mrs Felcy Lobo, Chris Evert D’Souza, Edna Castelino, Linet Mathias, Shalma Saldanha, Jovita D’Souza, Sunitha Pais, Diana Goveas and Sheryl Prabhu on the topic “variety Konkani programme ”.
SPORTS & GAMES
Our students not only excel academically, but also on the field of sports. We at St. Aloysius believe in an all round personality development. Along with the fitness of the mind, the fitness of the body is also put to the test. Mr. Praveen Lobo and Mr. Noel Menezes are the guiding force behind the individual and team achievement of our students.
A Dist. Level Departmental Basketball Tournament and Taluk Level Chess Tournament for U-14 Boys/Girls and U-17 Boys/Girls was organized successfully in our school.
Departmental Sports :
Were the team champions at Mangala stadium organized by Govt. high school Kasaba Bengre. Shaun C Fernandes individual championship with 11 points(600mts & 400mts Gold medal , 200mts Bronze).
Neel R Kunder 100mts & 200mts Gold.
Yashas Kumar Shotput Bronze .
Tanishq Tarun Long Jump Bronze and Hurdles Silver.
In 4x100mts relay won the gold . Participants are Jonathan Jeremiah, Tanishq Tarun, Shaun C Frenandes & Neel R Kunder.
Neel R Kunder got individual champion with 100mts , 200mts & 80mts Hurdles Gold .
- Shaun C Fernandes 600mts, 400mts Gold & 200mts Bronze .
- Tanishq Tarun won the Silver in 80mts Hurdle.
- 4×100 relay Gold (Jonathan Jeremiah, Tanishq Tarun, Shaun C Frenandes & Neel R Kunder).
Udupi , D.K. and Sri Lanka Athletic meet held at Mangala Stadium, organized by D.K.A Association our boys bagged many Medals at this meet.
Shaun C Fernandes 600mts Gold, Tanishq Tarun High Jump Silver and Joshuan Pereira won the Bronze in the Long jump.
- Neel R kunder got Silver in 100mts & 200mts , Gold in 80mts Hurdles.
- Shaun C Fernandes 600mts, Gold & 400mts Bronze .
- 4×100 relay Silver (Jonathan Jeremiah, Tanishq Tarun, Shaun C Frenandes & Neel R Kunder).
Neel R Kunder Gold in 80mts & 4×100 relay & he is going to participate in the National level SGFI Athletic Meet which will be held in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
Shaun C Fernandes participated at the State Level held at Hosakote in Bengaluru.
- Joshuan Pereira Long Jump & 4x100mts relay Gold, 100mts & 200mts Bronze.
- Anish G Crasta 4x100mts relay Gold .
- Abel Joseph Triple Jump & 4x100mts relay Gold & Long Jump Silver.
- Johar Pinto 4x100mts relay Gold.
Joshuan Pereira 100 mts Bronze.
Abel Joseph Triple Jump Gold & Long Jump Silver .
Joshuan Pereira, Abel Joseph, Anish G Crasta & Johar Pinto are part of the winning team of 4x100mts relay Silver Medal.
- Basket ball
- Keith Fernandes participated at the division level held at Mandya.
Simon John, Tushar Bangera, Shreyas Rai, Wilson D’Souza, Vineeth, Nishant Rodrigues, Vinol D’Souza participated at the division level held at Mandya.
- KSCA interschool cricket match our school were the winners.
- Raveend S scored 219 Not Out and picked 7 wickets for 0 runs.
- DKCA our school team reached the finals which will be played in last week of December.
- Dept. the following boys are selected from the District team – Mohd.Afthab and Samuel Hanok Anchan selected for the state team.
- KSCA ZONALS
- Part of the D.K. team that played in the Mysore Devision
- U-16 The following boys have played –
Thota Mohd. Azaan, Raveend S, Raynor Savio D’sa & Simon John.
they were placed third.
- U-14: Sahoran P, Prathamesh D Nayak, Ryan Gonsalves played at the Zonals.
Thota Mohd. Azaan was selected for the State Probabals.
Edu. Dept. Taluk Level , our school team were the winners and also won the district level held at St.Joseph’s high school, Bajpe. 11 of our boys were selected to play at the divisional level which was held at Kodagu district.
At the Division our team were the Runners up. Participants were Abhishek Kuttikat, Mohd. Ismail Amaan, Anish Crasta, Mohammed Ashique, Benet Braganza, Deon Rebello, Ethan Roche, Hithesh P.V., Johar Pinto, Keerthan Nihal Bangera, Mehraz Sheikh, Mohammed Monish, Neil Gollerkeri, Rahul P.J,., Mueen Ul Ameen & Naval Ahmed.
From these Anish Crasta & Mohammed Monish were selected to play at the State level held at Shivmogga.
Tanishq Tarun and Yashas selected from the District played at the division level.
At the Taluk Level our school boys have been winners for more than 4 years consecutively.
In the District Level also our boys were the winners defeated Alvas high school with a score of 6-4 & selected to play at the division level, Tushar Bangera, Abel Joseph , Abhishek Kuttikat, Wilson D’souza, Karthik, Likith Anchan & Alden Alvares which was held at Mandya.
- Nishel D’Almeida got silver in the Taluk Level(Dept).
- Nanditha of Std. 8th got the Gold and Silver at the State Level karate championship held at U.S.Mallya Stadium , Mangaluru and Also got the Bronze at the State level organized by Sri Sai Arcade held at Udupi.
M Tushar D Pal of Std.8, 100mts Breaststroke gold and 50mts Breaststroke Silver, 200mts breaststroke Silver Medal and has participated at the State Level held at Bengaluru.
- Yashas H won the gold in 50mts and 100mts Butterfly and 50 mts Backstroke.
- Karthik K won the Gold in 4×100 Individual Medley, Silver in 50mts butterfly. Bronze in 100mts Backstroke.
- Varun S won the Gold in 800mts Freestyle. Silver in 100mts Butterfly.400mts Freestyle Bronze.
Yashas H won the Silver in 50mts & 100mts Butterfly. 50mts Backstroke silver. 4×100 mts medley relay silver, 4x100mts Freestyle relay silver and participated at the National Level.
- Table Tennis
Winners at the district level held at Sudhana Residential School, Puttur.
Ratvik Nayak, Neil Gollerkeri and Cleon D’Souza are selected to play at the State Level which will be held at Bengaluru.
Neil Gollerkeri has won the District Level Table Tennis Tournament in the sub juniors category this year. He is currently ranked 3rd in the state and 50th in the country. He is selected to the Karnataka team which participated in the inter-state National level Championship at Goa recently.
Mr Camil Rebello meticulously keeps a track of all club events and records the same. He is the co-ordinator of all club.
N.C.C. Air Wing
The N.C.C. Air wing troop no.56 6 Karnataka AIR Squadron N.C.C : Organised many events : The Yoga Day was celebrated on 21st June, March past (Drill) on Independence day, Karnataka Rajyotsava, Sports Day and Republic Day.
Silent drill was performed on Sports Day and were the guard of honour on the School Day. In the Combined Annual training camp held at Alvas Engineering College Moodabidre, among the 7 schools from Coorg and D.K. Districts our troop was awarded the Best Troop , bagged 1st place in Drill competition, 2nd place in Kit Layout,1st place in Cross-Country . Karthik secured Gold in cross country, Lfc. Likith N.R bagged the Gold among 675 cadets in shooting.
Sgt. Nishel D’Almeida successfully completed the Republic Day Camp at New Delhi in Jan 2017. She was awarded the best Air-wing cadet and awarded gold medal from the Karnataka and Goa Directorate for her all round performance. She is entitled for scholarship an Air Chief Marshal for the same. She was honored in the month of Feb. 2017 for her great achievement by the Governor of Karnataka as well as by the school.
Sgt. Karthik and Sgt. Manasa D’Costa successfully completed integrated camp at Mysore.
The N.C.C AIR WING TROOP is guided by Associative N.C.C Officer Mr.Sunil Rohan Lobo.
For the first time 50 cadets were in the NCC Naval Unit. Twice a week Parade and two theory classes per month are conducted. International Yoga Day was conducted. Having taken an oath towards cleanliness ‘Shramadhan’ – a cleaning campaign was carried out on 12th Dec. and all the cadets cleaned the entire campus. The use of gloves for the purpose of safety of the children was taken care off. In continuance of this very theme ‘Swachatha Parisara’ a collage competition was held on 13th December to inculcate in the cadets the need for cleanliness and dignity of labour. Our NCC Navy troop is guided by Mrs. Diana Goveas.
70 scouts are guided by Mr Gopal Krishna S. (HWB – Part 1) and Mr. Praveen D. Monteiro. Pranav M V has been selected for Rajyapuraskar and 10 scouts appeared for the Thrithiya Soapan Exam. Vanamahotsava was celebrated along with Eco Club and saplings were distributed. Sadbhavana Divas was celebrated where in scouts took out on communal harmony. Skandha Mayya, Saivardhan and Varun Rao of standard 8th have attended for Karnataka Darshana tour from 4th to 8th Dec. “Swachatha Abhiyan” was held on 16th December in order to inculcate a sense of cleanliness among the troop members. A cleanliness drive was carried out.
‘JESUITS’ Science Academy
Experiments, Quiz, Discussions were held on various science subjects within the strong hold of this club. An Independence Day Science Model competition was held. Achievements :
- In the Science Model Competition conducted by the Education Department – Mohammed Kaif and Sheikh Mohammed Sufyan of 10th std bagged first place at the Taluk Level and 2nd place in the District Level. Sanath Acharya, Omkar Bhat and Shane Noronha of 9th bagged the third place at Taluk.
- In the Taluk level Science Vicharagoshti competition Hithansh Shenoy of 9th bagged the 2nd
- Mohammed Kaif and Sheikh Mohammed Sufyan bagged the first prize in the State Level Inter School Science Model competition conducted by the Prestige International School, Mangaluru and are selected for the finals in the National Level Science Fair conducted by the PESIT college, Bangalore. They are constantly guided by Mr. Donald Saldanha.
‘T.P.KAILASAM’ Dramatic Association
Under the guidance of Mr Norbert Miranda students of this club acted a skit on the feast of our patron St Aloysius Gonzaga. Due to Mr. Norbert Miranda’s transfer Mrs Bharathi N K was given the charge of this club. Under her guidence students enacted a skit on the ‘significance of Balipadyam’ on the occasion of Depavali.
‘SEDIYAPU KRISHNA BHAT’
Kannada Sahitya Sangha
Dr Sara Abubacker the great Kannada writer was visited on 30th June on her 81st birthday and honoured. She was a source of inspiration to this club members. They also visited Alva’s Nudisiri-Moodbidri in December. Parashurama of 9th A participated in a poetry session held at St. Aloysius College in November. This club is co-ordinated by Mrs. Kris Evert D’Souza
The students of std 8th are the members of CLC who are vibrant and active. The inaugural talk by Fr Leo D’Souza S.J. clearly and meaningfully explained the purpose of CLC and encouraged the students to give generously of themselves in all the activities. As part of the outreach programme the members of CLC visited Aloysian Boys Home (ABH) played and shared sweets with them. This visit was indeed enlightening. Rev. Fr. Christopher S.J.is the spiritual guide.
‘MID TOWN’ Interact Club
The installation ceremony was held under the leadership of our Headmaster, the president of Mid-Town Rotary Mrs. Olivia Pereira and other Office Bearers. In the month of August our group of students attended a training program which was held at Kendriya Vidyalaya Panambur. Activities are guided by Mr. Praveen Cutinha
‘NEHRU’ Philatelic Club
In the Karphilex 2017 a State level philatelic exhibition – competition held at Bangalore on 14 july at Raja rajeshwari Kalyana Mantap. The school collection bagged Gold and Keith Fernandes bagged silver.
32 Students of our School Participated in a National Letter Writing Competition Under the “Dhai Akhar/Letter Writing Campaign” on the Theme, Dear Bapu (Mahatma Gandhi), you Inspired me. This was conducted by the Department of Posts in August.
The Dakshina Kannada and Udupi District Organised a Philatelic and Numismatic Exhibition Tulunadpex on 19th and 20th August 2017 organizers were Manipal University Philatelic and Numismatics Club and Dakshina Kannada Philatelic and Numismatic Association at Dr. T M A Pai Hall, Manipal In Philately School collection with the topic- Technology that cocoon the world bagged the Gold – Keith Mark Fernandes– bagged Gold for Art and Architecture Sanketh D Nayak bagged Silver- for ……………….
Temples that shapes the horizon of Indian sky. Krithik Karkada K Bronze for his Games and Sports. Gawyn Jude Pinto Bronze –for his Wonders of nature-Birds and butterfly. Lester Caeven Lobo was the other participant. In Numismatics Mevin L Quadras and Prathamesh D Nayak bagged the Bronze. The other participants were Saiesh.S.K, Lester Caeven Lobo ,Gawyn Jude Pinto, and Ron J Deyas
In the Inpex 2017 National Philately exhibition held at
At the World Trade Centre Mumbai on 30th Nov. TheSchool Collection bagged Silver and Keith Mark Fernandes bagged Silver Bronze.
Mrs. Sheryl Prabhu is the driving force behind this club.
‘ANTONIO’S’ Art Club
Workshop on water color, paintings & nail art was organized. Drawing competitions on the occasion of Independence Day, St. Aloysius Gonzaga Feast and Christmas were conducted. Our students exhibited their paintings at Kudla Kala Mela 2017 held at Kadri Park.
Nishan S : Silver medal in International Drawing competition organized by St Lawrence High School, Kolkata.( Expression 2017), First place in state level cartoon competition organized by Karnataka Cartoonist Association, Bangalore, First place in the 14th State Level Drawing competition organized by K.P.P.K, Mandya.
Rahul Ramesh : First place in Drawing competition organized by ISKON and in Pre-Unique organized by St Aloysius P U College. Second in Lions Club International Drawing Competition and Kalkura Prathistanas Drawing Competiton.
Rohan Pinto: First place in Konkani Culture drawing competition organized by St Aloysius Degree College.
Dheeraj S N: First place in vegetable carving competition by M.M.C.A.
Gaurav Dev is our special achiever .
The man behind the students is Mr John I. Chandran.
‘ALOYSIAN’ L.T.S.(Leadership Training Service)
The 107 Aloysian LTS members underwent a three days training program given by Rev.Fr John Roger S.J., LTS promoter for South Asia along with his team. Ananya, Riyana, Venessa, Aaron, Anuragh, Calvin, Daniel, Hithansh, Jeseem, Sahil of std. 9th and their animator Mr. Santhosh Lobo participated at the National Conclave held at Kolkata. The members look after the discipline and cleanliness of the school and conduct students parliament once a month. On 16th December a Christmas programme at “white Dove” children’s home was presented. They also donated stationary items.
‘PANDURANGA PAI’ Eco Club
Main aim of the Eco Club is to create environmental awareness among its students. In view of this an environmental day was celebrated in June and the Vanamahotsava in July. The enthusiastic students are maintaining a vermibin in the high school under the close supervision of Dr Hemachandra, HOD of Zoology department of , St Aloysius College and the guidance of Mrs. Shalma Saldanha and Mrs. Edna Mascarenhas students are inspired to start the same in their houses.
Saahil and Tejas attended a 2 days National Level seminar on “Wild Life and Conservation” and 50 studetns attended a ½ day seminar on the same at St. Aloysius College. 15 students had participated in the National Level Prakriti Khoj online environment quiz. Among them Anoop Rao, Shashwath, Calvin and Jessem came upto the third round.
‘IGNATIAN’ Gavel Club
Gavelians play an important role of being the Master of Ceremonies in almost all the celebrations in the school. With their communication, public speaking and soft skills, they exhibit their talent during the school Patron’s feast, Teacher’s Day, Sport’s Day, Annual Day and different festival celebrations. In the inter-school competitions in elocution, debate and JAM sessions were winners. They are guided by Mr.Lancy D’souza.
‘GONZAGA’ Consumer Club
Through the consumer handbook, a monthly magazine called ‘Grahakachaya’, consumer awareness was given to the members.
An essay writing competition on the topic ‘Consumer rights and awareness’ was organized for its members and a Food adultration tests was conducted. In a PowerPoint presentation the members were enlightened about various protection acts. The members were encouraged to maintain a scrap book on various consumer acts and adultration.
These were guided by Mr. Francis Mascarenhas.
‘ETHEL PRABHU’ Quiz Club
Provides a platform to stimulate the brain toward intellectual thinking . As a result Rakshith , Joswin and Rabiyath were among the top 4 in Pre-Unique conducted by St. Aloysius P.U. College. Top 6 in ‘ENIGMA’ an inter school quiz competition organized by Big Bazaar and secured 1st place in Lions Club Mangalore. Participated in the inter school quiz competition held by St. Agnes College. Master Rabiyath and Azhaan Khan have participated in ‘Balaprathibha’ competition organized by Bharatiya Vidyabhavan. Manjunath Bhat, Suraj, Anoop, Karthik, Abhineeth, Kelvin, Zeeshan, Vishnukanth have participated in inter school Swach Bharath quiz organized at townhall. The quiz club is directed by Mrs. Jovita D’Souza and Mr. Praveen Cutinha
‘STEVE JOBS’ I.T Club
The club members demonstrated topics like Premiere Pro, Audrino etc. Competitions like Animation using Scratch, Collage using photoshop and an IT quiz was held. Calvin Fernandes, Namish Kumar and Prasanna Holla attended a 15 days Catch Them Young (CTY) training programme held at Infosys campus. The Tele film “My contribution for making India clean” prepared by Priston D’Souza, Rohan S T and Tushar Adyanthaya was selected by department , for state level. Dell Champ Quiz competition in August, with 38 teams, comprising student and their parent was organised. Manjunath Bhat and Calvin Fernandes were selected for the Zonal Level. Master Manjunath Bhat was selected for National Level Dell Champ 2017. These students are motivated by Mrs . Linet Mathias, Mrs. Sunitha Pais and Mr Santhosh Lobo.
- Todays Annual Report has been picturized with videos and clippings by our creative IT Club members – Priston, Rohan, Tushar, Avian and
‘MELODY’ Choir CLUB
Melody Club exhibit the student talent for singing along with musical instruments which is guided by Mrs. Renny Vas. Students have participated in competiton held at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavana, Sarojini Madhusudan Kushe, Sandesh Kalotsava and Canara pre-university college. Russel Rodrigues of 8th D secured 3rd place in Konkani singing competition held at Sandesha Kalotsava.
‘ST. ALOYSIUS’ College Band
This year the school band master is Mr. Lawrence who is an experienced musician. The students are learning to play the musical instruments by reading musical notations. It is very encouraging to see the students learn, improve and gain great confidence with their chosen musical instrument. They enthrall the audience during sports day, school day and other college programmes. These were guided by Rev. Fr. Christopher S.J. who co-ordinates the band activities.
‘BEATS N STEPS’ Dance Club
This club adds charm, colour, expression, style to every programme in the form of folk,western and contemporary dance under the guidance of Mrs Jovita D’Souza and Mrs.Edna Mascarenhas.
Students have performed welcome dance on the feast of St. Aloysius Gonzaga on 21st June 2017. Western dance was performed during club inauguration day. The members of the club also added charm to Teachers day programme. The boys of the club participated in inter-school dance competition at Sandesha and secured the 1st place. The same group has secured 2nd place in Nruthyanjali dance competition organized by Geethanjali. They have bagged 2nd place in ‘Footprint’ interschool dance competition held at Canara College. They have also participated in Pre-unique by St Aloysius College. The members of the group are – Cleon D’Souza, Dhanush K, Anish, Bennet, Aditya, Spandan and Trishaan.
‘angelo maffai’ KONKANI Club
Co-ordinated by Mrs Felcy Lobo.
- Memebrs were inspired by their visit to the great writer Sara Abubacker on June 30th. A variety programme was broadcasted on All India Radio on the occasion of children’s day.In the inter parish competition.Glen Fernandes has won 3rd prize in Konkani speech. Leona and Nishel have participated in Konkani cultural competition held by St. Aloysius College Konkani Club and Kavitha Trust.
‘KAIRANNA’ Health Club
Personal health & hygiene, knowledge of various medicinal plant are imparted to the health Club members. They are guided by Mr. Praveen Cutinha, Mr Praveen Lobo and Mr Noel Menezes.
This club students are trained by Mr. Laxmikanth the Grand Master. Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Guitar & Keyboard
The music teacher Mr. Vijay Monteiro guides our students in the learning of instruments like Guitar and Electronic Keyboard along with musical notations . every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Recipient of the Prestigious “Kalashree Award” by State Government for his achievements in the field of Art & Craft.
- Recipient of Dakshina Kannada district “Asadharana Prathibha Award 2017.
- Gold Medal in International Drawing Competition Expression 2017 organized for Jesuit schools by St Lawrence High School Kolkata.
He has bagged the first place in –
- Drawing Competition organized by Nandini.
- Election Commission Drawing Competition.
- World Environment Days Drawing competition orgainsed by Vijaya Karnataka.
- UdayaVani Drawing Competition.
- Peace poster contest organized by Lions Club International
- Hindu Young Worlds Drawing competition
- Science Days Drawing Competition organized by Pilikula Nisarga Dhama
- Sharada Vidylayas Drawing Competition
- Sarojini Madhu Kushe Drawing Competition
- Remedial teaching is being organized for slow learners after the school hours for std. 8th , 9th and 10th.
- The teachers of our school and the students of A. English, through the kind support of Dr. Melissa Goveas of our college are carrying out Spoken English classes for the Kannada Medium students of 8th and 9th which help them to improve their communication skills. This is organized by Mrs. Sheryl Prabhu.
- Merlyn D’Souza is our counselor, she attends to the children’s Psychological needs.
- A one day picnic was organized for the students for a little relaxation from their academics.
- A three days orientation programme by Fr. Antony and his team through games and talks was carried out in the month of June for the students of 8th 9th and 10th respectively.
- 2. Sirigannada Inter-school competition was conducted. 300 students from 20 schools participated in various competitions like Drawing, Fancy Dress, Extempore, Singing and handwriting. Art, Kannada Sahitya, Konkani, Scouts and Interact Clubs, along with their members participated actively.
- Ramzan, Diwali and Onam festivals were celebrated on the occasion with various activities. Tomorrow we will be celebrating Christmas before we break-up for the holidays.
4.Ecology programme for the staff members was conducted by Prof Hemachandra and Prof. Precilla D’Silva from St. Aloysius Degree College
- Cycle Rally “Harmony” an 8 kms ride around the city was organized with the help of Mangalore Cycling Club to promote religious harmony.
- Departmental Inter school Mangalore North Taluk Level Chess Competition was held on 24th July. More than 30 school participated.
- Talents day for std 8th 9th and 10th was organized. Students exhibited their talents in dance, singing , mimicry, Extempore and fancy dress.
- Children are a source of great joy to all. It was time to make them happy and hence the staff decided to celebrate children’s day with a stage programme wherein the staff members danced, sang, put up a skit to entertain the children. A cricket match with the staff and students was organized.
- Musical Day was celebrated to exhibit musical talent of our students for which Mr. Edberg Dillon , a famous musician was the chief guest.
- Mr. Dinesh Kunder, Superintendent of Custom Department, D.K. Mangaluru, was the chief guest on the Sports Day for the inaugural ceremony and Mr. Jason Salins, Gold Medalist in Shot-put(South India) and Alumnus was the chief guest at the closing ceremony. The students exhibited their skills in athletics, Mass Drill and March Past.
Parents, the pillar and strength of our institution affirm their support constantly. Mr. Bhaskar Kiran, the Vice president of the P.T.A along with the executive members celebrated Teacher’s Day with games, entertainment and a sumptuous dinner.
I wish to thank our parents, for their presence and constant support on Sports day and School day.
Let me conclude by taking this opportunity to thank all those who have lent me a helping hand in making this year a memorable and a meaningful one. My gratitude goes out to, all those who are present here today to share our joy and to be a part of the ongoing process of education. We are committed towards moulding our students as “people for others” who will grow into young men and women, not only with High Educational Caliber but also as good human persons contributing constructively to Society.
We look to our patron, St. Aloysius, who stands tall as a supreme example of selfless service and we thank Almighty God for all His gifts, graces and blessings.
Thank you one AND all, God Bless all of us.