ANNUAL REPORT 2014-2015
Distinguished Chief guest, Mr. Shashi K. Patil, ,Guest of Honor, Capt. Arul Aranha, Our proud parents, Respected members of the teaching and non-teaching fraternity, our benefactors and well-wishers, ladies and gentlemen, media persons and my dear students, it is my privilege to present the 135th Annual report of this historic educational Institution.
With 753 students, the month of June saw the students’ council election for the year 2014–2015 where in, Master Aakash Anand was elected as SPL, Master Shane Carnel Sequeira as ASPL and Master Calvin D’Souza as Secretary along with the class and club representatives , they form the council.
Every week the school assembly is convened to accolade our achievers and to provide a platform for our students in public speaking.
In the April 2014 S.S.L.C. examination 92.10% came out successful.
Master. Allan Harsh Fernandes and Master Wayne Paul Martis with 97.76% of the English Medium and Master Venkatesh K. M. of Kannada Medium with 87.84% were the Top Scorers of the S.S.L.C. Examinations. At the Diocesan Catechism Examination, Master Sonu Prajwal D’Souza excelled in Konkani and Master Ajay Manuel D’Souza in English. While in the Moral Science Examination, Master Venkatesh K. M. and Master Rahul Hegde were toppers of the Kannada and English Medium respectively.
We appreciate the sincere efforts of the students, the hard work of our teachers and the constant support of the parents.
A few new staff members have joined the teaching fraternity this academic year. They are:-
- Mrs. Kris Evert D’Souza Kannada and Social Science
- Mrs. Geetha M. Sooda Kannada and Social Science
- Mr. Francklin Attending Staff and
Assistant to the New
Mr. G. R. Bhat has retired having served for 35 and a half years of his life in this school as a Kannada teacher.
I wish to place on record with gratitude the long service he has rendered to this Institution.
Mr. G. R. Bhat.:
- Has received the Dakshina Kannada District level Best Teacher Award of 2014 by Public Education Department
2. On 22nd November, a collection of poems of Mr. G. R Bhat namely ‘Edeya Dani’ in Kannada was released in our school by Asst. Director of All India Radio Mangaluruand Dr. Vasanth Kumar Perla, who is also a famous poet.
3. He is also the Office bearer of the Mangaluru Taluk Chutuku Sahitya Parishat, Mangaluru.
Mr. Gopal Krishna S.:
1. Was as a resource person for Math’s seminar and workshops at Kinni Kambla and Mangalore North.
2. He was also one of the members of the Maths ‘text book revision’ committee.
Mr. Donald Saldhana:
Participated in a 10 day Residential Training Programme for Science Teachers held at Indian Institute of Science, Chitradurga from 23rd Sept. to 2nd October.
Mr. Praveen Cutinha has completed his M.A. in History from Mysore University
MR. SUNIL LOBO:
Is the associate N.C.C. officer who has undergone training at Air force station Thambaram Chennai and has secured the 4th rank.
Mrs. Felcy Pinto
Teacher of our school, writes for the Konkani periodicals, ‘Rakno’ and ‘Sevak’. She is also selected by Kavithab Trust to recite her Konkani Poetry in the ‘Kavitha Fest-2015′ to be held in Barkur.
Mr. Mohan Raj:
- 1. Completed M.Sc in Botany from Kuvempu Medical University, Shimoga.
- 2. Qualified in the TET exams conducted for high school teachers by the Karnataka Education Board.
- 3. Attended an Oddissi dance workshop, conducted by Bharatnatyam Bhavan along with Sri Devi Nritya University, Mangaluru.
Miss Jovita D’Souza
Ms. Jovita D’souza has completed her M.A. in English from Mysore University.
National level Swimmer and Handball player
Manohar Prabhu, handball state winner at Haveri, he is selected for National.
District level participant in Chess under 14 and also in athletics 4×100 mts relay 1st place.
Has won 3 gold at the state level in 50, 100 and 200 mts. breaststroke and is going participate in the national level at Gujarat. In the club junior state he has won 2 silver medals and came 4th in the nationals for breast stroke.
National level Karate players:-
Nachiketh . S
Has won silver medal and bronze medal in the 32nd National level Karate federation championship.
Aster Tauro and Shreyas of 9th D and Rolan D’souza of 9th E have participated in the National level Karate competition held at Kundapur and Shreyas has won 2nd place.
Shreyas M:-Has participated in the national level and won the 2nd place.
Aster Tauro:- National level participant
Rolan D’souza: National level participant.
National level Basketball Player
2nd at division level at Mandya. And state level held in Chickaballapur. He is going to play at the national level to be held in Chattisghar.
National Level Handball player
Jostol Len Pinto
State winner at Haveri and will be participating in the national level handball at Nagpur, Maharashtra.
State level winner-under 14 basketball.
National Level Basketball player
2nd at the division level held at Mandya, 1st at the state level held at Chickballapur.
State level winner under 14 basketball.
Participated in the national level held at Rajastan.
National level table tennis player
Taluk winner, district winner, Mens doubles – 3rd place in Trophedores tournament.
Sub junior’s winner, junior’s runner up, men’s doubles – runner-up in Shine tournament Udupi.
State ranking tournament Bangalore – N.M.S winner, N.M.D runner-up, state ranking – 2nd place.
National level table tennis player
1st place in Men’s doubles and team events held at Udupi. Has won at districts, states and has participated in the national levels held at Maharashtra.
National level Badminton player.
Has won District level U-15. U-17 Doubles runners. State level U-15 runner up held at Bengaluru.
And National level participated at Udupi.
National level Athlete
In the Department Sports:
1st place cluster in 100mts, 200mts, 400mts and won the individual championship.
At Taluk level 1st place in 200mts and 400mts,
2nd place in 100mts and also the individual championship.
At District level -1st place in 200mts and 400mts.
At state level 2nd place in the 400mts and is selected for the national level which will be held at Ranchi.
At state level amateur sports club 2nd in 100mts.
He stood second in the ‘Talents 2014’ singing competition from age 13-60 held at Moodbhidri. In the Prathibha Karanji 2014-15 he has bagged a number of prizes for the folk song, Bhavageethe. He has participated in the state level competition, Prathibha Karanji, for Bhavageethe. Mangaluru North felicitated him for his Musical talent.
Has bagged prizes for Hindustani vocal and for the same she was felicitated by Lion’s Mangaluru for her melodious singing. She also participated in “Swadesh KaHeera” conducted by Forsees.
Was awarded a number of prizes in Carnatic Vocal. He was qualified for the State Level Prathibha Karanji for Gazal.
Vijeth Ullal, Megha, Ashlesh and Gautam were the state level Kawali participants organized by the Education Department.
Many students have won prizes at St. Jerosa, Gitanjali and Raga Tharanga. All these students are members of the School choir club who are guided by Mrs. Renny Vas.
Adith & Mohammed Sharief:
Adith D’Souza and Mohammed Sharief of 10thStd are selected for the State-level Science Model Competition conducted by the Education Department. Their model, HELIOSTAT SKYLIGHT under the theme Communication and Information Technology, was a district-level winner, guided by Mr. Donald Saldhana.
Of standard 8th is selected for the State level Drawing Competition organized by the Government of India Central Ground Water Board guided by Mr. John I. Chandran.
Sampreeth Monteiro, | Krishnanda Shenoy | Daniyal D’Souza Hafeez Mohammed | Rashad Mohammed | Avit Lobo
Anston D’Souza | Sohan Kumar | Pria Vaz | Nolan Seravo
Sohil D’Souza | Samradh | Sumith | Akshay
Participated in the State-level Dance Mania 5, conducted by the Western Institute of technology at town hall on October 21 and secured the 3rd place and the same team have participated in pre-unique, state level dance competition organized by the St. Aloysius P. U. college and have secured third place.
Sumith of 8th Std was qualified to the quarter finals in the state level dance competition, Dance to Dance 2014, a TV reality Show.
Mr. Mohan Raj is the Dynamic man behind the dancers of our school.
Sports and Games:
Rules, regulations and complete knowledge on Athletics, Chess, Basketball, Football, Handball, Kho-Kho and Volleyball are imparted by Mr. Praveen Lobo and Mr. Noel Menezes on field and off field. To check their proficiency, they participate and compete at the School, Taluk, District, State and National Level Meets. Students are trained in the sports of their choice during vacation.
Sporting Feats of the year 2014-2015:
Cluster Level:U 14 Boys Team Championship
U17 Boys won 4 gold, 6 silver and 3 bronze MEDALS.
Mangalore North TQ Dept. Level Athletic Meet:
U17 Boys won 4 gold, 8 silver and 1 bronze.
Dakshina Kannada Dist. Level Dept. Level Sports:
Rohan D kumar 400mts 2nd.
Nihal:- 4x100mts 1st
Vishith: 4x100mts 1st
Amateur Athletic Meet at Bangalore:
In the Medley relay U16 and U18 OvinD’souza won 2 silver medals.
Rohan and Reynard medley relay won 2nd place in the U16 category
OvinD’souza – 2 silver medals
Reynard Lobo – 1 silver medal
Rohan D Kumar – 1 silver,
Our U17 team is runner’s up at the taluk level.
Winner at the Taluk Level and
Dist. Level participant.
The following boy’s are selected from the dist. To participate in the division level held at Mysore:
U-17 boys are the district level winners .Division level runners up.
2) James Naismith cup winners’ dist.level.
3) CAUSE tournament Winners.
Education Dept. State level winning members :
|Amruth M.N||Aakash A||Elston J. Pinto||Sampreeth Monteiro||SushaanAttavar|
Adhwaith-winners at the state level.
Table Tennis: U.17- Our Boys, District Level winners in the Departmental tournament.
Runners up at the state level:
Panduranga Nayak, Melroy Monterio & Abdul Hadin were the runners at the state level.
U14 Boys:- Anurag MH – state level participant held at Belgaum.
Taluk level winners.
Sai Harshith, Shreyas Bhat, Pavan Kumar, Durga Prasad have participated in the dist. Level
U17 :- Nishwin Lobo has won 3 gold medals in 50 and 100 freestyle and 50 breaststroke in dist. Level and has participated in the state level.
Bhushith J Ullal has won 2 gold medals in 100 and 200 butterfly in dist. Level and is a state participant.
Parikshith has won 1 silver and 2 bronze medals in 400 individual medley and 50 breastroke and 100mts backstroke and participated in state level.
N.C.C Air Wing
N.C.C. Air Wing 6 KAR Air squadron. M’Luru
The Squadron participated in the Kannada Rajyotsava parade at Nehru Maidan and put up a Silent Drill on the Sports Day.
47 cadets have successfully completed their ‘A’ certificate. 20 cadets visited an Aircraft Carrier and Missile Launcher, F-39, INS Betwa, belonging to the Arabian Sea fleet stationed at Mumbai visiting Mangalore Port.
1. Govardhan and Athik B., participated in the Patrol Leaders’ Training camp Conducted by District Association of Scouts and Guides.
2. Varun Rai, Athik B. and Kiran b. are selected to participate in the State Level Scout Rally (Jamboree) to be held at Bangalore in January, 2015
On the occasion of Independence Day aninter-school level science Model competition was conducted. In the Taluk level Science Model Competition organized by the education department Gaurav M. V. won the second place.
Anup D’souza of 9th standard participated in the district level Inspire Award science Competition.
Kannada Sahitya Sangha
On Dinakara Desai’s birthday, with the help of taluk chutuke sahithya parishat , the Kannada Sahithya Sanga had arranged Chutuka Kavi Ghosthi.
The Chief Guest of this was the head of the state “Chutuku SahithyaParishat”, Mr G.K Baras
The coordinator of this club areSri G.R Bhat, Smt.Malathi Bhat and Smt.Geetha.
C.L.C. Alter Boys
It motivates the students to live in the footsteps of St. Aloysius Gonzaga.It enacted a meaningful skits during the feast of St. Aloysius Gonzaga and the same at White Doves Residents. TO increase fellowship among its members it conducted the Football, basketball, Cricket friendly matches and a pilgrimage to Goa. Christmas Carols and Tableau will be performed during the school day as well asat thetwo ashrams to share the Christmas Spirit.
2014-15 installation ceremonywas conducted by Mrs. Felcy, Rotarian, Olivia Pereira and Rotarian Amitable Bhagwath.
On the Feast of Ignatius Loyola, its members along with a few other clubs visited White Doves the home for destitute at Urua
It arranges Career guidance programme for the students of 10th standard.
In the district Level Competition held by the Postal Department Neil Corda and Joash David Prabhu won prizes.
The members of the Philately Clubwill be participating in the KARNAPEX 2015 which will be held in January 2015 at Bangalore.
St. Aloysius Gonzaga painting competition, Independence Day collage competitions were organized.’Toon Fest’, a district level Inter School Cartoon competition and exhibition were organized.
Ajesh, Avinash, Roopal andPrajwal B. K. have won a number of prizes. Greeshal won 1 place in PrathibhaKaranji Clay Modelling Competition.
A cartoon workshop for art teachers was organizedalong with Dakshina Kannada Art Teachers Associations.
The Gavel club develops skill communication, public speaking and soft skills among the students, which help them to master ceremonies during different events.They have hosted several programmes.
1. Savin D’Souza has won the in the Hindi and English elocution at Pratibha Karanji.
2. Eshwar won in the Tulu elocution.
3. Sheldon, Aditya and Savin have bagged prizes in English elocution, organized at Gokarnatheswar College and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and KSPC.
Consumer Club conducts Food Adulteration Programs, Experiments,on ‘Consumer Awareness’
Savin Leroy D’souza, Jelwin Rodrigues and Mohamed Sahil have won a number of prizes and made their School proud Quizing at Nitte Medical College, Mahesh P.U. College, Theresa high School and Jerosa High School. Jelwin Rodrigues, Savin D’Souza , M. Sahil and Gagan Poojary are winners at the Taluk Level Prathibha Karanji Quiz Competition.
A seminar on the next generation games was conducted by Shravan Kini, who was an old studentof our school. Using the software ‘Snap’, P.A.College of engineering conducted an Animation Competition 28 students had participated. The club coordinators conducted a web design competition in whichSohan of 10D, Reece of 9E and Stuart of 8E won.
The new director, Mr. Harry D’Souza along with Fr. John, the administrator of the band, painstakingly made music flow into the veins of children who have performed on Sports Day and festive days on the Campus.
Put up Teacher’s day celebration. They help maintaining discipline.
- 1. Under the Akshara Daasoha scheme more than 700 students receive mid-day meals, it is further supplemented with additional items from the mid-day meal fund.
- 2. A new Canteen help students satisfy their hunger as well as it keeps them within the campus and away from bad influence.
- 3. A Remedial Teaching has been organized for slow learners after the school hours. The parents, teachersand the students of M.A. English of our degree collegehave carried out Spoken English class to the Kannada Medium students of 8th and 9thwhich have helped their skillsof communication.
- 4. A special counseling session was held for Students and parents by Mrs. Radha Bhat,our counselor.
- 5. A new science lab next to the library, is now renovated and helps the students to conduct experiments personally.
- 6. Electronic boards and Audio-Visual Room, makes learning interesting and effective. Collar mike has been installed in the 10th E classroom to reach out to the large class.
- 7. The campus has been beatified with a well spread out lawn and flowering plants and it is a soothing sight.
- 8. The school compound has been fenced keeping in the mind the well-being of the students.
1. A 3-day orientation programme was organized for our teachers at our Beerie campus in the month of June.
2. An Aeronautic Enrichment Program was conducted by Mr. P. N. A. P. Rao, an expert in the field of Avionics and Communication System and Electronic Warfare who is also the recipient of the Dr. V. M. Ghatge Award by the Aeronautical Society of India in the year 2000 for his outstanding contribution in the development, Integration and flight testing of Avionics System of Indian Light Combat Aircraft.
3. A talk on cybercrimes was held by Mrs. Asha Nayak, an Advocate District Level Child and Woman Welfare Committee Chairperson.
4. On children’s day, games were conducted for the students. And the teachers put up a fabulous dance programme under the guidance of Mr. Mohan Raj.
5. The Management believes in rewarding their staff from time to time, this year it took the form of a three-day tour to Hyderabad in the month October.
6. On the Sports Day, Sri Ganesh Rao S., Founder Chairman, Karavali Group of Colleges, was the chief guest at the opening ceremony and Sri Lokesh C., Block Education Officer, Mangaluru North as the chief guest at the closing. The students got a chance to exhibit their skills in the field of athletics, Mass Drill, March Past and a silent drill by the NCC cadets added grandeur to the show.
Parents are the pillar and strength they affirm their support constantly. Mr. Vinod D’Souza, the Vice president along with the executive members celebrated the Teacher’s Day with games, entertainment and a sumptuous dinner.
They were also instrumental in the child safety talk.
I wish to thank our special donor parent for the Sports and School day:
- Viraj Sequeira of 8th E and his parents
- Mohammed Shareif of 10th E2 and his parents.
- Vaibhav Mally of 9th E and his parents.
- Eshwar P. Shetty of 9th E and his parents.
- Gautham and his parents.
- Roopith D’Souza of 9th E and his parents.
I wish to thank the outgoing members for their support and continuous services.
Let me conclude by taking this opportunity to thank all those who have lent me a helping hand in making this year a memorable and a meaningful one. My gratitude goes out to, all those who are present here today to share our joy and to be a part of the ongoing process of education. We are committed in building our students as “people for others” who will grow into young men and women, not only with High Educational Caliber but also as good human persons contributing constructively to the Society.
We look to our patron, St. Aloysius, who stands tall as a supreme example of selfless service and we thank Almighty God for all His gifts, graces and blessings.
Thank you one and all, God Bless all of us.
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY
NEW YEAR -2015